Seiten

Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011

IN SWAMPY'S ROOM

SWAMPY'S INSTALATION AT THE FIFTY24SF GALLERY




TEXT BY SWAMPY: Hey people, I just finished up my installation at FIFTY24SF the other day where I spent just over a week living in a hidden room that I built in the back of the gallery. Some friends and I built a wall separating the gallery into two equally sized rooms, sealing off the back half completely before I broke a hole through and covered it with a giant painting of mine on hinges to act as a trap door. All of the paintings in the front “gallery room” were painted last month for the installation and everything in the back “squat room” was created during the week that I stayed there. Everything else in the back room (furniture, train artifacts, mattress, clothes etc..) was brought from the room I’ve been staying in for the past few months in Oakland. All of the trash and debris was all accumulated during my stay as well as tags left behind by friends stopping by to visit me. I also made a 40 minute soundtrack to be looped in the backroom (Beach Boys slowed down, oldies in reverse, DJ Screw sped up, Dvorak, Labyrinth soundtrack etc..), comprised of clips taken from cassettes and VHS’s I’ve accumulated. I’ll try to make an mp3 version of the loop available for download soon....

READ MORE ON SWAMPYS HOME PAGE!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen